Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turning off icloud drive

Ok

so im going around in frustrated cycles with Mac at the moment.

My macbook has icloud drive turned on, which means it is constantly trying to upload 600gig of my high res proff photos to the cloud.

I dont want this and have followed various advice on turning off icloud drive for desktop. It says" desktop will only be availbale in the cloud" or some ***** similar. So when I follow through, my desktop disappears.

Im then told that if I just copy the files from the cloud "desktop folder" back to my desktop, all will be fine.

when I do this it tells me I dont have enough space on my computer!!!!???

How is this possible? the folders and files on my computer are on my desktop. I know they have not uploaded to the cloud yet as it is still trying, i can see it in the progress bar.

none of this makes sense.

all i want is my files, stored on my desktop and attached to my 8 tb raid system.

but instead, all the keeps happening is the drive wants to be used, hence i pay for more space etc etc.

anyone help?

Thanks

<Edited by Host>

iMac, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 6:48 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 11, 2018 11:52 AM in response to Dazburn

Reference your photos - try moving them to a folder other than your Documents and Desktop. That should prevent them from syncing.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud/iCloud Drive/Options to turn Desktop and Documents syncing off. If asked if you want to keep the data, select yes. See where your Desktop and Documents folders/data are. If they are in their normal place, you should be okay. If they aren't visible, look for an iCloud Archive folder. If the files are there, drag them to your desired location.

turning off icloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.