Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come Apple Music is undownlaoding my music and making it so I can’t redownload it even though I have still have a ton of space?

I have an IPhone6 and my apple music is undownloading my music even though I have still plenty of space on my phone. I’ve tried resetting my phone and it’s just become really frustrsting

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:11 AM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2018 6:23 AM in response to hunterfromvittoria

Hi there, hunterfromvittoria!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with your Apple Music offloading from your device and not being able to download the music again and I am happy to help out! First, i suggest going to Settings > Music > Optimize Storage. I suggest turning that option off (grey) if it is on or leaving it on and changing the minimum storage for music to None. Optimize Storage will remove songs when your device is low on space, but will also limit the storage being taken by songs, which might be what is causing the music to be removed.
As for the issue with not being able to download the songs again, I would recommend you check out this article with steps for How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and close the Music app. Once that is done, Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch then check to see if you are still noticing the issues. Also, check to see if the issue happens on a different Wi-Fi or on cellular data instead of Wi-Fi.
Let me know the results and take care!

How come Apple Music is undownlaoding my music and making it so I can’t redownload it even though I have still have a ton of space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.