Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why can I only FaceTime certain people?

I usually only FaceTime my mother but have noticed that most of the contacts in my phonebook have FaceTime "greyed" out. I know that most of them have iPhones but have every setting for FaceTime turned on. Is there a way I can make FaceTime available for everyone? Thanks in advance for your replies

It's an iPhone 8 with the latest IOS.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I just figured it out. If the phone number in my contacts didn't have the area code, FaceTime was greyed out. After I entered the area code the icon appeared and I'm able to FaceTime them. Sometimes the smallest details make the difference.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 9:37 AM in response to rbrylawski In response to rbrylawski

What has me puzzled is that I can and do FaceTime my mother weekly. It's just most of the other contacts have the FaceTime icon "greyed" out and I cannot FaceTime them. So I know that it's working just not for everyone.

Mar 11, 2018 9:37 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Mar 11, 2018 12:16 PM in response to Urquhart1244 In response to Urquhart1244

That may be true. I've got AppleCare on the phone and I'm getting ready to call them. I'll post back what they say.

The person FaceTimed me earlier has it turned on on his phone and hasn't done anything to hamper me from FaceTimeing him.

Mar 11, 2018 12:16 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 11, 2018 12:25 PM in response to Mike Royal In response to Mike Royal

I just figured it out. If the phone number in my contacts didn't have the area code, FaceTime was greyed out. After I entered the area code the icon appeared and I'm able to FaceTime them. Sometimes the smallest details make the difference.

Mar 11, 2018 12:25 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Mike Royal

Question: Why can I only FaceTime certain people?