Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch gps (help required)

I am a newbie to Apple watches and looking to buy the GPS version as i don’t want to swap providers to EE to get the cellular version (as they have poor coverage in my area of the UK).

If i am out and about with my iphone are there many things i won’t be able to do with just the gps version of the watch vs the cellular ? I generally always have my phone on me anyway.

Just don’t want to buy one if i am limited in what i can do with it.

Any help / advice (in simple terms) gratefully appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2018 5:24 PM in response to grahamfromturriff

Hi, Graham!

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you have some questions on the differences between the Apple Watch with Cellular + GPS versus the Apple Watch GPS version. I'd be happy to help provide you with some information!

The following website compares each model of Apple Watch, and breaks down what each can do: Apple Watch - Compare - Apple . I'd also recommend taking a look at How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support , which will tell you what you can and cannot do without the paired iPhone around--and this is where the main differences will be. For example, if you don't have your iPhone around and want to make a phone call, the Cellular and GPS model would allow that, while the GPS-only model would not.

Have a great day!

Apple watch gps (help required)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.