Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: You're the best

I just purchased a tune using my credit card. It's not on my iTunes list. Where did it go?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

No problem!

What did you do to try to purchase the music?

Are you now subscribed to Apple Music by chance? See this article to manage subscriptions: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 2:34 PM in response to lainey In response to lainey

I'm not sure if I even actually bought

link: See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Is Apple Music the same as iTunes?

No, Apple Music is a music streaming service, like a subscription to listen to ‘any’ music on demand without actually buying songs/albums (competing with e.g. Spotify).

Mar 11, 2018 2:34 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 2:36 PM in response to lainey In response to lainey

Nope... This article will explain what Apple Music is: Apple Music - Official Apple Support

Check your purchase history to see if you bought it: See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Apple probably won't ask you to type in your credit information unless you are updating the billing information for your Apple ID.

Mar 11, 2018 2:36 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 11, 2018 3:28 PM in response to lainey In response to lainey

No problem!

What did you do to try to purchase the music?

Are you now subscribed to Apple Music by chance? See this article to manage subscriptions: View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Mar 11, 2018 3:28 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 3:56 PM in response to lainey In response to lainey

Just go to the iTunes icon and quit the application (right-click it and select 'quit'). Then restart it. You're probably going to want to take this tour to find out more about iTunes: http://help.apple.com/itunes/mac/12.7/quick-tour/#/landing

You can find out even more about iTunes by looking through iTunes support articles: iTunes - Official Apple Support

Mar 11, 2018 3:56 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 4:02 PM in response to zfJames In response to zfJames

Macs don't have a right-click mouse..but I will quit and restart it. I just saw all my songs a minute ago and now, it's still that Apple music site that's showing up.

Thanks for all your help. I will get back to you if I can't do it because I don't feel like going through all this explaining to someone else !!

Mar 11, 2018 4:02 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 4:07 PM in response to zfJames In response to zfJames

I don't see any option on iTunes to buy a song..

I mean the 'library'....that's what I want to see when I open iTunes..and I have it now.

Would I find in in preference? or at the Apple store? I don't think that tune is available actually. It's brand new..

Mar 11, 2018 4:07 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lainey

Question: You're the best