Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I select a song from my music for a ringtone

How do I select a song from my library free ringtone I have the iPhone X

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:51 AM

You can’t; well, not in a direct way. Ringtones are special files, short audio files, marked as ringtone. They have to be under 40 seconds. They have to be tagged as ‘Ringtone’ instead of ‘Music’.

There are several apps in the iOS App Store that will turn a song into a ringtone (search for ‘ringtone maker’). Also several desktop applications can assist in this.

Or you can buy them separately in the iTunes Store (roughly at the price of a full song).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2018 9:51 AM in response to MarkD10305

You can’t; well, not in a direct way. Ringtones are special files, short audio files, marked as ringtone. They have to be under 40 seconds. They have to be tagged as ‘Ringtone’ instead of ‘Music’.

There are several apps in the iOS App Store that will turn a song into a ringtone (search for ‘ringtone maker’). Also several desktop applications can assist in this.

Or you can buy them separately in the iTunes Store (roughly at the price of a full song).

How do I select a song from my music for a ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.