Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27in Cinema Display RGB Dot/Bar Tear Issue

Hello all,

I have recently been having a very strange issue with my 27 inch cinema display. It has been perfect for the past few years that I have owned it, and everything is in near mint condition. Recently, I have been getting RGB dots appearing all over the screen and bar tearing when the cable is not laid flat. I have troubleshooted different conditions in which this happens and have isolated the issue down to the cable or mini display port on my MacBook Pro mid 2010. I do not have any other devices to test the cinema display with, but this issue happens when the laptop is either held up and held at a 90 degree angle tilted to the side, or if the cable itself is moved around in a very extreme manner. When the spots and tearing appear I can hear popping from the lower left hand side of the display unit.

I think the issue is with the AIO cable, but I wanted to get others opinions on the matter.

Thank you for your time.

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.2.6, 27 in Cinema Display/ MacBookP 2010

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:57 AM

There are no replies.

27in Cinema Display RGB Dot/Bar Tear Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.