Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dropped calls using wifi assist

We’ve been to Apple support and everyone says it must be the phones. we are right next to our Airport extreme router we have one gig service and Wi-Fi assist on. we’re still dropping calls? I had to sign up at Skype again . it ***** paying $130 a month not being able to make calls maybe time to go back to landline 😱

iphone 8 plus and apple extreme roughter

1 gig internet

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:58 AM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2018 12:28 PM in response to tbronson158

Hi tbronson158,

I understand that you're consistently dropping calls when using Wi-Fi calling, despite being near your router. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend following the Get Help section of the article below for help with this issue:

Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling - Apple Support

Get help

If you can't turn on or use Wi-Fi Calling, make sure that your carrier offers Wi-Fi Calling and that your devices have the latest software. Then, follow these steps if you can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling or make a Wi-Fi call. Wait two minutes before you go from one step to the next.

1. Go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling and make sure that Wi-Fi Calling is on.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
  4. Turn Wi-Fi Calling off and then on again.
  5. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

If you continue having this issue, I recommend contacting your carrier for additional help. You can find the contact information for many carriers in the article below:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

dropped calls using wifi assist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.