Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X charging port faulty after just a month!! 😞

Anyone know the best way to get my charging port repaired? I have only ever used the original charger the phone is immaculate otherwise never been knocked dropped or damaged. However come to charge today and the port is loose wobbly and will only charge on an angle. So there is a manufacturers fault somewhere. Live chat just told me I had to travel over 20 miles and there may be a charge. Or mail in and there will be a postage charge. Sure under law the device is not fit for purpose and there is a manufacturers fault and should be repaired for free. My understanding is though the phone will have to be taken apart which means the adhesive to keep it waterpooof will be damaged so will it in fact need to be replaced? Live chat then told me I had to call no help at all. Should I just send back to my provider for a refund or what? Any help much appreciated not what I expected after a month for a high end Apple device. My phone is important too for security as I work nights alone so need it at all times so the fastest option too would be ideal. Not a great Apple support experience so far.... 😞👎

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:40 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 11, 2018 10:07 AM in response to hpg1986

You mention in your first post about a 'provider'. Can you explain who that is. If it is not Apple that may complicate things.

Ordinarily, Julieda's response would be correct but if this phone is on a contract, the situation can change. You would then best return it to the provider for a replacement. Again, were it a contract phone, it may not even be new,

Mar 11, 2018 10:31 AM in response to hpg1986

I'm UK. And I know about Sky !!!!! Yes, you certainly need to talk to them. I doubt an Apple store would want to get involved. And that transfers all the responsibility to them.

Insofar as the waterproofing is concerned, the phones are not waterproof. They are water resistant ... and any Apple repairs done would include re-sealing appropriately. I cannot speak for Sky.

iPhone X charging port faulty after just a month!! 😞

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.