Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor lags in apps

Hello! I have a MBP 15 (late 2013) with integrated graphics - Intel Iris pro and faced such a problem (see video): in any app when the cursor switches from an app into system appearance (for example from brush into a system arrow in Photoshop) I see strange bands across the display. This lag do not appear on Mavericks OS, but on all future versions of the Mac OS system (now I have 10.13). I tried to reset SMC and VRAM - it didn’t help.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 10:15 AM

6 replies

Mar 11, 2018 10:17 AM in response to Anton112

Hi,

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The white Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Then see if that makes a difference.

Mar 11, 2018 1:53 PM in response to Anton112

5 minutes isn't a lot. Let the test run for something like 2-3 hours. If you still don't get anything weird you may want to go to Apple and ask them to run an "Apple Service Diagnostic" test on your computer. That will tell you if there's a problem. Only Apple are supposed to have those tests, so you'll have to go to them to have it checked.

Cursor lags in apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.