Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Problem with updating disabled iPhone

iPhone 6 just had a new screen fitted and is now disabled and saying "connect to iTunes". When trying to update the phone (from MacBook Air), a message keeps appearing after a while to say there is a problem connecting to the phone (error 9?), with a link to an apple support page with how to fix the problem. Tried all of these (updating MacBook and iTunes, changing USB cable, restarting phone and MacBook, disconnecting & reconnecting phone) and even tried using iTunes on a Windows laptop, which still didn't work.

MacBook Air has recently installed macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3 and iPhone 6 has iOS 11.2.something (not entirely sure as it has been unusable for a few weeks).

Really don't want to have to restore my phone so this is my last resort to solve this problem, there must be a way around it! Please help!! Thank you in advance:)

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 11:55 AM in response to rosiefromupnorth In response to rosiefromupnorth

It may be. They may have done something out of line with the repair.

Apple would still look at the problem with you, it's just that they may no longer carry out physical repairs due to the third party repair you have now done.

Mar 11, 2018 11:55 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 3:43 PM in response to Ricky@B In response to Ricky@B

Suggest you read the thread then you will see it was not my phone to fix. In any event, whoever did the job could hardly be trusted to improve on their previous effort.

Rosie was unlucky. She seems a trusting person who has lost out to yet another 5hyster.

Mar 11, 2018 3:43 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 5:05 PM in response to seventy one In response to seventy one

So sorry, I intended to respond to the OP. I'm not the first person to hit the wrong "reply" button.

As for trusting the 3rd party shop, I don't think she has much choice now, as Apple most likely won't touch her phone. They aren't in the habit of fixing other shop's screw ups, although it doesn't hurt to ask.

Mar 11, 2018 5:05 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rosiefromupnorth

Question: Problem with updating disabled iPhone