Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iMac quit recognizing the wireless signal from my hp8710 printer will not reconnect thru hp wireless setup what can i do?

iMac quit recognizing wireless signal from hp8710 hp setup protocol has not restored signal what can i do?

iMac, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 11:30 AM

You might need to connect the printer to your Mac with a USB cable to set up Wi-Fi printing. After connecting the printer to your Mac, install the Mac software that came with the printer and use the printer’s setup assistant to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network. After setting up, you can disconnect the cable from your printer and Mac and the printer should remain connected to the Wi-Fi network. Refer to the following Apple Knowledge Base articles for more info...

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2018 11:30 AM in response to kenneth lfrombethel park

You might need to connect the printer to your Mac with a USB cable to set up Wi-Fi printing. After connecting the printer to your Mac, install the Mac software that came with the printer and use the printer’s setup assistant to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network. After setting up, you can disconnect the cable from your printer and Mac and the printer should remain connected to the Wi-Fi network. Refer to the following Apple Knowledge Base articles for more info...

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

my iMac quit recognizing the wireless signal from my hp8710 printer will not reconnect thru hp wireless setup what can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.