Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Operation Failed with Status 16

Hi there,

Im trying copy some pictures from an SD card to my external drive, but OSX is saying they are in use. So i can move them... I've tried compressing them to move the zipped file instead, not enough space on the SD...

Finally i tried creating an image of the folder with Disk Utility but it gives me a,

"Operation failed with status 16"

any ideas what to do to get these pics moved or what status 16 means?

Thank you in advance!!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.3.3, 10.12.6

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 2:55 PM in response to Scott_Stacy In response to Scott_Stacy

Status 16 means that the current resource is busy. This means that an application or service is using that resource right now. Have you tried a simple restart and ejecting both your drive and SD card? Do you maybe have Photos or another application open that utilises the SD card or drive?

Hope it works out!

Mar 11, 2018 2:55 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 9:18 AM in response to Scott_Stacy In response to Scott_Stacy

Try the Safe Mode.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Mar 12, 2018 9:18 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Scott_Stacy

Question: Operation Failed with Status 16