Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview display problems...

I have created a document with some text and graphics in Pages. I need to export and save the document as a PDF, as I have done in the past for printing, sending, etc. One of the attributes of the document is "outlined text," created by highlighting the text in pages, and selecting outline from the "advanced options" menu (the gear button).

(I've placed a text box that contains the outlined text directly over a text box containing the same text, except solid in a different color to create a layered effect...not important.)

When I open the document as a PDF, everything appears identically to the pages file EXCEPT this outlined text. The outline is almost entirely missing.

Here's where it gets interesting...when I print the document from that PDF with missing outline text, it appears in the print. When I open it with Preview on another computer, (same OS), it's there. When I export that PDF with the missing outline to JPEG, PNG, TIFF, it's there. I've tried deleting the preview containers folder located in libraries which did not help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 3:54 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 12, 2018 9:14 PM in response to andyc97

The outline might be calculated as a "hairline" width which is a rubbery relative thickness depending on the final resolution.

Preview may be considering the outlining to be a fractional width e.g. 0.25 pts which if it is working at a screen resolution of 72 ppi it may fudge as an anti-aliased fine line. Who knows what everything else takes as the displayed thickness but it appears to make that sufficient to be clearly visible.

Peter

Preview display problems...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.