Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: my MAC BOOK PRO,early 2011, will allow me to accept emails -but not reply. They just sit in out box.

MY Mac Book Pro will allow me to receive emails -but not to reply -they just sit in out box

I have Iphone 6 which also has same problem.

I get message saying - "cannot send message using server ... please use server .. -which I no longer use?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Thank you for your help- I am afraid Iam the least tech person you will meet -but I will try

I have two email addresses - one with iCloud (used only occasionally)- and one with bt -which is my main email address

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 3:12 PM in response to billfrombucks In response to billfrombucks

It is most likely that you've setup the IMAP/POP settings wrong on both your email clients on your devices.

Are you using iCloud as your email provider or is it someone else?

I need a bit more info to help you.

Mar 11, 2018 3:12 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 11, 2018 3:50 PM in response to freddedotme In response to freddedotme

Thank you for your help- I am afraid Iam the least tech person you will meet -but I will try

I have two email addresses - one with iCloud (used only occasionally)- and one with bt -which is my main email address

Mar 11, 2018 3:50 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 11, 2018 3:51 PM in response to billfrombucks In response to billfrombucks

Mar 11, 2018 3:51 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 6:05 PM in response to billfrombucks In response to billfrombucks

Mail > Window > Connection Doctor ...

...will open a window showing separately the status of each involved mail server, both receiving (POP or IMAP) and sending (SMTP).

If any buttons are Red, you can click on the red button and be taken directly to the configuration settings for that specific server.

Mar 11, 2018 6:05 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: billfrombucks

Question: my MAC BOOK PRO,early 2011, will allow me to accept emails -but not reply. They just sit in out box.