Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“No bootable device — insert boot disk and press any key”

I downloaded a Windows 10 ISO installation file and used BootCamp and a 8GB USB stick to download it. When my computer restarted after the installation was complete, this message can up and I can’t do anything about it (tried holding option etc. already).

Can anyone help me with this?!

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 3:50 PM

37 replies

Mar 11, 2018 7:45 PM in response to paulgray01

You are in Internet Recovery, because the Mac is unable to boot from the internal disk.

The first two BCA options allow creation of the USB installer, which needs to be done only once. The Install Option can be independently checked, which allows the same installer to be re-used, if you choose to remove the partition, and create a larger or smaller partition.

Mar 12, 2018 5:15 PM in response to Loner T

Unfortunately, I decided to remove the partition and reinstall it all over again before I read this. This time, I updated my Mac to the latest version, and proceeded to follow the correct steps as I went through the BootCamp Assistant. However, the same thing happened. After the partition was complete, my Mac reset but went to a screen that says “No bootable device blah blah blah...”. I’ve now tried the methods of resetting the NVRAM and SMC, but this screen still comes up!

“No bootable device — insert boot disk and press any key”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.