Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Sending/receiving group text messages

I am suddenly unable to either send or receive text messages from a group from which I have many times in the past. I have checked all the settings, but can’t figure out what’s wrong. Any suggestions?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 11:09 AM in response to 2000CAD In response to 2000CAD

Thank you, but yes, I did try to turn off my phone, but it didn't help. This is happening on both my iPhone and my iPad, both of which I have successfully sent and received messages with the same group many times before. I can send/receive texts from the individuals, just not the group.

Mar 12, 2018 11:09 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 11:20 AM in response to 2000CAD In response to 2000CAD

Whoops, I guess I didn't address your other suggestions. How do you log in and out of iMessage? My understanding is that if you text to someone who doesn't have an iPhone, the message goes out as MMS/SMS. Two of the people in my group don't have iPhones, so it appears the messages are going out as MMS (green bubbles rather than blue). Again, I am able to send/receive texts from all of the people in the group, just not as a group. Thanks for trying to help.

Mar 12, 2018 11:20 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: DMuelrRN

Question: Sending/receiving group text messages