Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra download

Help! download this macOS High Sierra and now it's doing these crazy things😩how do I remove it when I can't open anything? I've turned it off and on several times.

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 6:56 PM

18 replies

Mar 11, 2018 9:02 PM in response to Dianes53

The circle with the white line diagonal through it is a symbol that your computer displays when there is something wrong with the OS that is installed on it. If your computer is recent, you should be able to press and hold the "Command + R" key right after you turn on the computer before it tries to load macOS. This will get you into the recovery section and you can use that to recover the OS by installing it again. Hopefully you have done a backup and you can recover it from a backup on TimeMachine. If not, you can get it up and going but you may not have any information when it gets going again. If you're really uncomfortable doing this, you can always take it to an Apple Store and see a Genius at the Genius Bar and they can help you though it and get your computer going for you again, but if you didn't do a backup, you may lose all your data.

Mar 11, 2018 9:04 PM in response to Teacherprobz

Teacherprobz wrote:

These are the 4 screens that keep appearing and then screen goes black.

If you aren't able to get into the recovery of your iMac by pressing and holding "Command + R" after turning on your computer, I would suggest you take it to an Apple Store and visit a Genius at the Genius Bar. They should be able to help you out and let you know what needs to be done to get your computer running again.

Mar 12, 2018 9:38 PM in response to Teacherprobz

Those are the options that you have. If you have a Time Machine Backup, you should be able to restore from it, however, I don't know how it will act if it's a backup from a previous version of macOS. If you reinstall the OS, you should get your computer going again, but keep in mind that you are going to lose everything that you currently have on your computer. Getting help online I'm not totally sure how that works as I have never tried that, but I'm assuming that it will let you connect to the Internet using a browser like Safari to search and see what you can do. Most likely bring you back to here. If you don't want to install the version of OS that you have, then you're going to have to download a different version and create a bootable drive to use to install that version and get that version working on your computer.

High Sierra download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.