Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to change iMessage to sms permanently

Sooo my friend had an iPhone and we’ve texted off iMessage since I put his contact in. He recently switched to a phone that isn’t an iPhone. Is there a way to change just his contact to sms without turning off my iMessage? It gets a little annoying. Lol. Please help! :)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Why don't you explain what the issue is? What is preventing you from texting your friend? Are you indicating that his number is still registered with iMessage? If so: Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 11, 2018 9:22 PM in response to allie185 In response to allie185

Why don't you explain what the issue is? What is preventing you from texting your friend? Are you indicating that his number is still registered with iMessage? If so: Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Mar 11, 2018 9:22 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 11, 2018 9:27 PM in response to gail from maine In response to gail from maine

Hi Gail!

The issue I’m having is that my iPhone is still registering his number as a iMessage contact even though he no longer has an iPhone. I’m trying to figure out if there is a way to update his contact without turning off my iMessages completely.

Thanks!

-A

Mar 11, 2018 9:27 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 1:56 PM in response to boofitz In response to boofitz

boofitz wrote:

Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support

it might take a few hours for some Apple devices to recognize that you're not using iMessage when they send you a message.

As was posted already yesterday.

GB

Mar 13, 2018 1:56 PM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: allie185

Question: How to change iMessage to sms permanently