Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I made a new iCloud why am I pulling my old contacts?

Some how long time ago when I was with my ex, her contacts synced to my iCloud so I made a new one because I was so fed up with seeing her contacts with mine.

Today my phone broke and when I went to sync my contact on my new phone, again the contacts showed up!

How do I get rid off this!? It’s so maddening. Why does this keep happening if I made a whole new iCloud account?

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 7:37 PM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2018 10:32 PM in response to briannabowerman

OK, so you indicate that today your phone broke, and you went to "sync" your contacts on your new phone. How did you do that, exactly?

When you go to iCloud.com on a browser on a computer and sign into your iCloud account, and look at the Contacts list, do you see those contacts showing there? If so, then somehow they got merged from a phone. Delete the contacts from your iCloud account on iCloud.com. Once you delete them from there, they should automatically get deleted from your phone as well, as long as the phone is signed into the same iCloud account, and it is connected to the internet.

Cheers,

GB

If I made a new iCloud why am I pulling my old contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.