Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone X will not recognize series 1 watch to pair.

From the watch app I aligned the watch face with the phone. Nothing happens. To manually pair, I can't find the "i" icon on the watch to tap. Not being paired is probably why the watch won't sync with phone time zone?

Apple Watch, series 1

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 8:23 PM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2018 6:35 PM in response to skimom

Hi ​skimom,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone X. I also use a Series 1 Apple Watch with an iPhone X; I'm happy to help. Regarding the "i" icon you mention, this should be located in the lower right corner of the Apple Watch screen beneath the automatic pairing animation.

User uploaded file

If you're not seeing this icon or you're still having trouble pairing your watch with your iPhone, check the steps below for help:

If you can't set up your Apple Watch or you get an error message

1. Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS.
  2. Turn off your iPhone and turn it back on.
  3. Turn off your Apple Watch and turn it back on.
After restarting both your iPhone and Apple Watch use the steps here to start the pairing process: ​​ Set up your Apple Watch
Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

My iPhone X will not recognize series 1 watch to pair.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.