Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of old icloud email address? It won’t let me down load iTunes because of ut

How to get rid of old icloud address that keeps me from downloading iTunes?

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:15 PM

6 replies

Mar 13, 2018 2:02 PM in response to wookie2000

The fact that the email address may no longer be in service does not cause teh Apple ID that is associated with it to disappear. Anything you purchased with that other Apple ID account will remain tied to that account. When an old email address is being discontinued or changed by you, you should not set up a new Apple account. You should go to: Apple - My Apple ID and edit the email address to a new one.

But that is water under the bridge now. If you cannot retrieve the password to the old Apple account, then you will have to delete the apps purchased by that Apple account and then re-purchase, or re-download them if they were free under your new Apple account.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 12, 2018 7:15 AM in response to wookie2000

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for an old Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the old ID. Those purchases are tied to the old ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the old ID and download them using the new ID if desired.

How to get rid of old icloud email address? It won’t let me down load iTunes because of ut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.