Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I need help getting back space drom HD?

I allocated 40Gb of space to install windows using boot camp. Formated HD and removed partions.. Disk still showing 280 GB of free space when I am suppose to have 320 GB...

Can anyone help me?

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 13, 2018 5:58 AM in response to lennyfromNYC In response to lennyfromNYC

You will need to boot into Internet Recovery, erase your whole internal disk, and then restore your TM backup. If you do not erase the whole disk, you will not get your disk space back.

See About macOS Recovery - Apple Support and How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support.

Mar 13, 2018 5:58 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 8:23 AM in response to lennyfromNYC In response to lennyfromNYC

lennyfromNYC wrote:

Tried it and commands does not work. However I did erase it through disk utility and still saying 280 gb of storage

In Recovery console, Select and Copy (Command+C) the Terminal output, quit Terminal, start Safari (Get Help Online), and Paste (Command+V) the copied output as a reply to this discussion, and then we can go to next step.

Disks can be renumbered after reboot, which implies that disk0 may be inappropriate. You will need to find the correct disk number of the internal disk.

Mar 13, 2018 8:23 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lennyfromNYC

Question: I need help getting back space drom HD?