Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: "Please login to access your iCloud calendar"

I get this prompt every time I visit my BusyCal calendar. I have my apple password and two app specific passwords. None of them please this prompt. I have an iCloud password of 16 letters separated by 3 dashes. I also have a BusyCal app specific password of 16 letters separated by 3 dashes. None of these passwords stops this VERY annoying prompt. I had two-step verification for a while but tried to turn it off as I found it too burdensome. Maybe I didn't turn it off correctly. Any ideas? Thanks. Dick, Juneau, Alaska

MacBook Pro Retina 15" (mid-2014) 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

OS X 10.11.6

Memory: 16 GB

iPhone SE

iPhone 5

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 4:01 AM in response to Richard Wood1 In response to Richard Wood1

If you disabled 2 Step Verification, I believe the app specific password is no longer of any use. They are used together.

When you attempted to disable 2SV, did you also reset your Apple ID password? That also breaks app specific passwords.

Mar 12, 2018 4:01 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 4:58 AM in response to Richard Wood1 In response to Richard Wood1

Apple did ask me to change my password, maybe that was about when I stopped 2 Step Verification.

That revokes the app specific passwords.

It's not a bug. Since June 15, 2017, It's expected behaviour with 3rd party apps and iCloud data.

Mar 12, 2018 4:58 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 12:52 PM in response to LACAllen In response to LACAllen

So, why does it keep asking me for my Apple password? I enter my Apple password in BusyCal (that I just used to login here to be able to post a comment) and then switch to another app, immediately switch back to BusyCal and it asks me for the password again. Neither my Apple password nor my iCloud password seem to stick. The popup prompt goes away but is back every time I go back to the BusyCal calendar, even after being away only a few seconds. This never happened before.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Mar 14, 2018 12:52 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 6:10 PM in response to Richard Wood1 In response to Richard Wood1

why does it keep asking me for my Apple password?

An app specific password *is* an Apple password to the 3rd party app.

This site does not access any of your iCloud data like BusyCal does, so does not need an app specific password. You can't compare them.

You *must* use an app specific password for BusyCal. In order to create an app specific password, you *must* use either 2SV or 2FA on your Apple ID.

I have my apple password and two app specific passwords

This never happened before.

You implied in your OP this worked when you had app specific passwords. Now you say you "this never happened before"

Which is it? It can be both of these things. You admit to disabling 2SV which I believe has broken this.

In order to fix it, you have to go back to using either 2SV or 2FA.

Mar 14, 2018 6:10 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Richard Wood1

Question: "Please login to access your iCloud calendar"