Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have made 4 ibooks with iBooks author but can only import one into the iBooks app on my mac.

I have made 4 ibooks with iBooks author but can only import one into the iBooks app on my mac. If I import the 4 together only on appears in the app and after having the one there each time I import another the message is this book already exists do you want to replace it and if I click yes it replaces the one I have already imported. I have tried changing the name of the book, the authors name and re-exported from iBooks author so the date is different but still the same. Help please.

OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 5:53 AM

See this note. You need to change more than the name and date

Create a new book in iBooks Author with the same look and feel of one you created previously - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 14, 2018 3:04 PM in response to L65

Hi, Did you create the 4 books from the first one you created? or did you start from a new template each time?

If you want to create a series of books which have the same look and feel you need to work from a template. Not a duplicate of your book. If you have duplicated your original book and changed the content you will run into problems displaying the books because iBooks recognises them as the same book.

To solve this you will need to go to your original book in iBooks Author and then save it as a template (File / Save As Template). If you create a new book from the template it will be a unique book each time with your look and feel.

For more info have a look in iBooks Author Help - and search for templates.

Hope this helps.

I have made 4 ibooks with iBooks author but can only import one into the iBooks app on my mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.