Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dotted lines are displayed when the phone turns on

When I turn on my iPhone 8 plus, it suddenly shows some white dotted lines in the black background when the screen with the Apple logo comes up.

Is this something normal or am I having some hardware of software issue?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2018 12:42 AM

Hey there, anushka220,

Thank for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you've been seeing white dotted lines on the screen when booting up your iPhone 8 Plus. I'd be happy to help!

First, back up your iPhone ( How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support ). Then, use the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

If you're still having trouble after reinstalling the iOS software, please reach out to Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Contact Apple Support .

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2018 12:42 AM in response to anushka220

Hey there, anushka220,

Thank for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you've been seeing white dotted lines on the screen when booting up your iPhone 8 Plus. I'd be happy to help!

First, back up your iPhone ( How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support ). Then, use the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support .

If you're still having trouble after reinstalling the iOS software, please reach out to Apple Support directly, which you can do here: Contact Apple Support .

Cheers!

Dotted lines are displayed when the phone turns on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.