Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 plus shows horizontal dotted lines when turns on

Hello everyone,

I am using an iPhone 8 plus with iOS 11.2.6 and recently I found that when I turn my phone on, when the screen with the Apple logo comes, some horizontal white dotted lines are shown in the black background. These cannot be seen if I am in a bright environment. The lines are so thin and disappear quickly. The position that the lines lay is random. So I guess the problem is not with the display. One of my friends said that he has this issue with his iPhone 8 plus and that's when I checked my phone and found out that I am also having the same issue.

Is this something normal that everybody experiences, or is it a software or any other hardware issue?

Please help me to sort this out because this is my fist iPhone and i don't have much experience with iOS.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:11 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 8 plus shows horizontal dotted lines when turns on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.