Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain autofill stopped working on iPad Pro

Keychain autofill stopped working on my iPad Pro (iOS 11.3) but still works on my MacBook Pro and iPhone SE. I have had no problems with autofill on the iPad Pro since purchasing it last June, until a few weeks ago. I made no changes in settings but suddenly when accessing any web page the username and password spaces were blank. This applies to all websites that require login information - including webpages that continue to autofill perfectly well on my MacBook Pro and iPhone (so it isn't a security issue with awkward websites). I've followed the Apple Support instructions, and all the obvious settings are correct: Safari private browsing is off, AutoFill is on, Names & Passwords is on, Credit Cards is on. The App & Website Passwords still has a complete list. I have rebooted (several times), switched the various setting off and back on again etc. What else can I do?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 4:44 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 4, 2018 1:01 AM in response to Soochx

Eric Root solved this problem for me in this discussion: Re: Autofill Stopped

In short, starting with iOS 10.13.4 the autofill feature changed. You now have to tap in the empty username or password field. When you tap the field it doesn't immediately autofill. Instead, it gives suggestions in small print in an inconspicuous grey bar at the bottom of the page or immediately above the keyboard (easy to miss). When you tap the correct suggestion (there may be more than one depending on your previous use) the fields are autofilled. Of course, this will only happen if you have previously stored the username and password.

Apr 4, 2018 6:52 AM in response to fellwalker46

Thank you very much. This has indeed solved this problem. What is interesting is that for the past month or so, I was not required to do this. Every time I went to a site that I had a Keychain defined, it would auto fill the ID and password. This all changed as soon as I installed iOS 11.3. Oh well, problem solved. Thanks so much.

Keychain autofill stopped working on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.