Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wikiadmin export unable to create directory

I am trying to export my wiki collection using wikiadmin.

Running Server 5.1.7 on OS X 10.11.6

wikiadmin seems to be working OK (e.g .for listing wikis) but when I try to export the wikis I get an error relating to the creation of folders. Here is what I am doing / getting:

From a terminal account logged in as sudo (i.e. sudo -s)

bash-3.2# wikiadmin export -all -path /Users/administrator/Documents/wiki-export

Wikis available to export: 32

Using legacy format

exportPath=/Users/administrator/Documents/wiki-export

Error: Could not create folder at path /Users/administrator/Documents/wiki-export

Error: Exit with status: 9

The folder wiki-export exists, and the administrator account has full read / write access.

Any ideas what I can / could do to fix this would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance for any help avail.

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Server

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2018 2:46 PM

I had the same issue. I ended up just exporting to /tmp/ and it worked.

You can access that folder via the Finder by selecting 'Finder' > 'Go' > 'Go to folder...' and entering /var/, in case you're not familiar.

1 reply

wikiadmin export unable to create directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.