Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alert to change password

I have just received a email titled Notification Alert Information from Apple (or appears to be). Advising I have 24 hrs to change my password otherwise my acct will be permanently locked. It says someone signed in to my acct with a Singapore address. Wants me to go to my acct login and change password. Am assuming this is not legit as I dont's see anything on my acct page when I sign in at apple.com.

Please advise

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 6:24 AM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2018 6:26 AM in response to tomlivtx

It's a phishing email (genuine emails will address you by name ; they won't send emails about accounts don't getting locked) - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Alert to change password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.