Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to resolve a black screen after High Sierra

Yesterday I upgraded from Yosemite to High Sierra after doing a time machine backup on my MacBook Pro. The installation took a while but was successful. Once the computer restarted, the "home" screen showed icons to mine or my wife's login. i clicked on my login icon and was able to access files. I then installed Turbotax 2017 successfully. Then I logged off, expecting to see the "home" screen with the two login icons so that my wife could access here files. However, no such luck. Instead, I now get a COMPLETELY black screen...no icons, no mouse pointer nothing. I did a hard shut down and reboot with no luck...same results. Please help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.

Posted on

Page content loaded

User profile for user: Tom Chismar

Question: How to resolve a black screen after High Sierra