Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Photo not editable

I inadvertently copied some photos from my Apple Mini to my iPhone. I now can not remove them from the iPhone. I get the message : "The photo is not editable" and the trash can is grayed out.

I'm using High Sierra on the Mini, up to date iTunes, and iOS 11.2.6 on an iPhone 7 plus.

How can I remove these photos from my iPhone ?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 8:13 PM in response to Jim@Lewes In response to Jim@Lewes

Hi Jim@Lewes!

I understand that you've synced photos to your iPhone and are unable to edit or delete them, and I'm happy to help. You must sync again to remove the photos, and you can choose to stop syncing photos. This support article shows you how to sync photos:

iTunes for Mac: Add photos to iPod, iPhone, or iPad

Cheers!

Mar 12, 2018 8:13 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 7:22 AM in response to Jim@Lewes In response to Jim@Lewes

Thank you for your response. However, my problem is removing previously miscopied photos from the iPhone. The referenced instructions seem to be for coping photos from the Mac to the iPhone. I inadvertently did that with some photos, and now want to remove or delete them from the iPhone. The iPhone does not let me delete them.

Mar 13, 2018 7:22 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 18, 2018 7:03 AM in response to brenden dv In response to brenden dv

Hi

Thanks again for your prompt reply. I connected my iPhone to my Mac Mini with the USB cord while iTunes was running. The "sync photos" box was unchecked. I then synced the iPhone with the computer. Unfortunately, I still can not delete the photos on the iPhone that were mistakenly uploaded from the computer.

I appreciated you responses

Jim

Mar 18, 2018 7:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Jim@Lewes

Question: Photo not editable