Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I delete pictures and videos from the iPhone without deleting them on my MacBook Pro?

how can I delete pictures and videos from my iPhone x without deleting the same from my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 7:05 AM

4 replies

Mar 12, 2018 9:11 AM in response to francescab71

It depends on what options you have on and how the photos were transferred. Be aware that iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service. Any photo you delete from a device where iCloud Photo Library is turned on will also be deleted from iCloud and from any other device connected to that iCloud Photo Library. You can potentially reduce the storage space required on a device by turning on Optimize Storage. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Mar 12, 2018 10:49 AM in response to FoxFifth

hi FoxFifth thanx for your reply.

I've transferred my videos to the macbook through the wire.

then, sure to have saved them in a new album, I've cancelled them all from my phone....

this morning I discovered they weren't there anymore. so I'd like to know if it's possible to turn off a button on my phone or on my macbook to avoid those kind of uncomfortable situation, because I lost all videos about my setting course! thanx

how can I delete pictures and videos from the iPhone without deleting them on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.