Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp partition missing in start volume

Hi,

I have Windows 10 installed via Bootcamp and (I guess) starting with MacOS Sierra, Windows didn't show up in mac os anymore. That is for instance in the 'start volume' system settings. I just want to select it as standard boot volume, so I don't have to press alt during the boot sequence. The Boot Camp Assistant tells me that it will remove the partition, but that's not what I want.

User uploaded file

I can hold alt and boot into windows and use it without problems.

I use tuxera ntfs to access the partition from mac os - no problems either.

Sometimes Tuxera tells me it cannot mount the volume because it is hibernated, which is certainly not true, I always shut down windows and reboot. (Might be another issue).

All I want is to select Windows as start volume so I can reboot and get a coffee instead waiting a minute or so to hold alt and select Windows.

Here is a diskutil and fdisk output just in case:

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 7:27 AM

What is the year/model of your Mac (do not post the serial number)? Tuxera will interfere with the System Preferences -> Startup Disks, because Apple does not allow third-party drivers to control the NTFS volume and boot from it.

Also, see Frequently Asked Questions - Tuxera under

Apple does not allow any volumes that are mounted with third party file system drivers to appear in the “Startup Disk” preference pane. This is hard coded, and something that we cannot change.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 7:27 AM in response to voxymoron

What is the year/model of your Mac (do not post the serial number)? Tuxera will interfere with the System Preferences -> Startup Disks, because Apple does not allow third-party drivers to control the NTFS volume and boot from it.

Also, see Frequently Asked Questions - Tuxera under

Apple does not allow any volumes that are mounted with third party file system drivers to appear in the “Startup Disk” preference pane. This is hard coded, and something that we cannot change.

bootcamp partition missing in start volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.