Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my iPhone contact list sort by company name rather than last or first name of the person? That's how it sorts on my MacBook pro, and when I update the contact list on my MacBook pro it syncs with my iPhone immediately.

iPhone 7, version 11.2.6

macbook pro High Sierra, version 10.13.1

Contact list on MacBook pro will allow me to have company name and personal contact name, and choose which to use when sorting that contact in the list.

Contact list on my iPhone will also allow me to have company name and personal contact name, but will not sort contact by company name.

The only place to designate a preference is in the MacBook pro, but while changes in contact details sync up immediately it will not sort by company name on the phone.

My contacts at businesses change routinely, but the company names don't. If I can't sort by company name it is much harder to find them in the contact list when a new name is not yet familiar.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 7:36 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Why can't my iPhone contact list sort by company name rather than last or first name of the person? That's how it sorts on my MacBook pro, and when I update the contact list on my MacBook pro it syncs with my iPhone immediately.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.