Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud Photo's

I had my photo's imported from my iPhone onto my Mac mini from 2016. All of a sudden this morning all the photo's appeared on my iPhone so I deleted them off my iPhone and then they disappeared on my computer as well. is there a reason to why it does this? I didn't touch any settings. is there any way to get my photos back?

Mac mini

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 9:58 AM

No one can answer without details - what are your iCloud settings on each device

The Most likely guess is that you are using iCloud Photo Library which is a syncing service and as documented all changes (additions, deletions or edits) made on any connected device are made on all connected devices

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. Any changes you make to your collection on one device, change on your other devices too.

LN

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 9:58 AM in response to damverrillo

No one can answer without details - what are your iCloud settings on each device

The Most likely guess is that you are using iCloud Photo Library which is a syncing service and as documented all changes (additions, deletions or edits) made on any connected device are made on all connected devices

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. Any changes you make to your collection on one device, change on your other devices too.

LN

Mar 13, 2018 5:42 AM in response to damverrillo

I didn't touch any settings. is there any way to get my photos back?

iCloud Photo Library may have been enabled by default on your iPhone, if you just upgraded to iOS 11. Check the settings:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photo Library. In iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac check System Preferences > iCloud > Photos > Options.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If iCloud Photos Library has been enabled on the iPhone and the Mac, when you deleted the photos from the iPhone, they have been deleted from iCloud and the Macs library as well. If they are no longer in Recently Deleted, because you emptied this album, they will be gone.

Then you should restore your Photos library from the last backup you made, before you deleted the photos from the iPhone.

Icloud Photo's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.