Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple audio in imovie 10.1.8, mic sound lowers while music is higher

I have a video with microphone audio, and a music video with audio track. I want to combine both to create a single video.

However, when the music video and the audio from the mic overlap, the sound of the mic goes down a lot and the sound of the music video comes up. I tried changing the volume level of the mic audio higher and lowered the volume level of the music video but whenever I decrease the volume of music video, the microphone audio sound goes down as well. It gets muffled and sounds less than what it should be. Once the audio from the music video finishes, the audo from the mic pops back up. It's as if it's muffled while the audio from music video is playing and then gets the full sound once the second source of audio is done.

is there a way to make the mic voice higher and music video audio lower so when I talk during the music video, the sound isn't muffled?

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 8:50 AM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2018 11:10 AM in response to spaceguy01

Hi,

The "lower the volume of other clips" button may have been selected. Select one of the clips and click on the loudspeaker icon in the tool bar in the upper right of your screen. Play around with the "lower the volume of other clips" option, alternately selecting the clips, checking and unchecking the box, and moving the volume slider.

User uploaded file

Also, if you are using the voiceover feature, the music clip volume automatically will be lowered while the voice over is playing.

-- Rich

Multiple audio in imovie 10.1.8, mic sound lowers while music is higher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.