Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Groups in messaging

I am trying to find if it is possible to create and name a group within contacts or Messages and then select the group name and send a message to the contacts on that list without inputting each contacts name each time I want to send the a message. This would be like a mailing list in e mail.

I have an elderly father and would like to be able to update all selected family members by simply selecting a group such as Dads info which may contain 10 contacts.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.4)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 10:31 AM in response to liv2hunt In response to liv2hunt

You can make groups in Contacts. Select New Group from the File menu. Then locate entries in the Contacts list and drag them into the new group.

I know you can use these groups in an email. I don't use Messages so I'm not sure if you can do the same.

Mar 12, 2018 10:31 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 3:05 PM in response to liv2hunt In response to liv2hunt

Hi,

I have had several groups that I have set up just in Messages.

User uploaded file

Hope this helps.

User uploaded file

10:05 pm Monday; March 12, 2018

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 11.x and an iPad (2)

Mar 12, 2018 3:05 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: liv2hunt