Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Photos question

How can I organize my pictures by date in my Albums

MacBook Pro

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 12:17 PM in response to olsenl In response to olsenl

It depends on the version of Photos you are using. In the newer versions of photos, since El Capitan, you can ctrl-click any album in Photos in the sidebar and select the command "Sort": Keep sorted by ..."

User uploaded file

However, you can only sort albums you create yourself, not the predefined albums in Photos.

Mar 12, 2018 12:17 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 2:16 PM in response to léonie In response to léonie

Thank you. I am working with Albums that I have created and the control-click worked. However some photos are still out of order. I am wondering if the photos taken on my iPhone and not my camera are not responding to the command?

Mar 12, 2018 2:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 12, 2018 2:21 PM in response to olsenl In response to olsenl

I am wondering if the photos taken on my iPhone and not my camera are not responding to the command?

Perhaps there is a problem with the time zones? Did you import all photos while you were in the timezone where the photos have been taken?

See: léonie: How Photos Handles Time Zones when Importing Photos

You can check the time zones assigned by Photos to the imported photos, if you select the photo and then use the command "Image > Adjust date and time". The "Closest City" at the bottom of the panel will show you the current timezone for the phot.

Mar 12, 2018 2:21 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 12:39 AM in response to olsenl In response to olsenl

Which version of MacOS X is running on your Mac? And how did you import the iPhone photos to Photos?

The dates and times should have been preserved, when you imported the photos by a USB connection or My Photo Stream.

You can correct the dates for the photos, that are showing the wrong dates, by using the command "Image > Adjust Date and Time" in Photos. If you select several photos at once, the dates and times of all selected photos will be adjusted by the same offset.

Mar 13, 2018 12:39 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: olsenl

Question: Photos question