Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my email id has been hijacked - I think

I've been getting a number of these alerts in my junk box in the last week or so. The subject line is the same each time , but the linked account ID number is always different. Normally I would assume this is spam and delete it, but during the same period, a friend has been receiving emails with my Facebook ID name (I'm on FB under an alias for privacy reasons). In these emails, my FB ID is linked with email addresses that are not mine. I don't know if someone's hacked my FB account and is now trying to hack my email (there's no direct link between my FB identity and my Apple ID), or if something else is going on. My questions: 1) are these security alerts real or spam? I haven't clicked on anything in them for fear they are spam with malware attached. 2) Regardless of the answer to question 1, how do I get rid of these email alerts and will this have any effect on whether my friend stops receiving these bogus emails from me? Thanks.

Efschwartz, Critical security alert for your linked account ID 64463

Sign-in attempt was blocked for your account
efschwartz@mac.com

https://hotmail.com/
https://hotmail.com/

You received this email to let you know about important changes to your account and services.

© 2018 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

https://yahoo.com/

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 11:38 AM

You probably can't get rid of the spam e-mails unless you can create a rule to automatically delete them.

What is the return address and who are the e-mails supposed to be from? If supposedly from Apple, Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you and the e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 11:38 AM in response to samawhama

You probably can't get rid of the spam e-mails unless you can create a rule to automatically delete them.

What is the return address and who are the e-mails supposed to be from? If supposedly from Apple, Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you and the e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Mar 12, 2018 11:38 AM in response to samawhama

reportphishing@apple.com

my email id has been hijacked - I think

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.