Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found iPad linked to iCloud - What do I do?

My stepdad thinks a medical sales rep left an iPad in his office. it has been there for 4 months and no one has claimed or called about it. He tried to do a factory reset so that he could begin using the iPad, but it is linked to an iCloud account with Find my iPhone enabled. Is there a way to track the person down or to actually reset the iPad for use? Don't want to just throw out an iPad Pro!

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 10:56 AM

3 replies

Mar 13, 2018 3:17 AM in response to tayler34

Hi Tayler34.

I had this issue with an iPhone 5 a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, if the device is iCloud Activation Locked, there is no way of gaining access to the device, and therefore, no way of identifying the owner. I assume it displays part of the email such as the following; j***********d@i****d.com or similiar.

I took the device to my local Apple Store and they informed me that they had no way to find out who the device belonged too. Unfortunately in this instance, you just had to hope that someone will check their Find My iPhone and look at the location of the device!

The best chances of this are to ensure that the iPad is connected to your local WiFi as this will transmit a location through the Find My iPhone app. Is there anyway he would be able to find out which company left it behind ?

A.

Found iPad linked to iCloud - What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.