Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i send email using apple watch and siri

I want to simply send an email from my apple watch & siri, but it always prompt me to I can compose an email for you on your iPhone

I assume that we have an email app on apple watch so i expect that this feature should be there.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 3:11 AM

Hi Jamil,

Currently, you can only reply to emails from the Apple Watch itself. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of an email and clicking 'Reply' then using the above method as mentioned.

The Apple Watch does not currently support writing new emails. You are only able to do this through the paired iPhone. This is with the stock 'Mail' app. If you use a third party application such as GMail, you may be able to start a new email, but you would have to do this manually rather than through the 'Hey Siri' method. I say may as I haven't tested this myself as I only use the Mail app.

Hope this answered your question.

A.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 3:11 AM in response to Jamil Haddadin

Hi Jamil,

Currently, you can only reply to emails from the Apple Watch itself. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of an email and clicking 'Reply' then using the above method as mentioned.

The Apple Watch does not currently support writing new emails. You are only able to do this through the paired iPhone. This is with the stock 'Mail' app. If you use a third party application such as GMail, you may be able to start a new email, but you would have to do this manually rather than through the 'Hey Siri' method. I say may as I haven't tested this myself as I only use the Mail app.

Hope this answered your question.

A.

Can i send email using apple watch and siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.