Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Grey Exclamation Point on Photos

A few weeks ago all my photos were automatically downloaded to my phone for some reason. I turned off iCloud on my phone and they all vanished but now on my Macbook Air, whenever I go to Photos and click on one, a grey exclamation point shows up and I cannot view the pictures. Please someone help me because I think I lost 16,000 pictures!!

MacBook Air

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

I turned off iCloud on my phone and they all vanished but now on my Macbook Air,

How did you turn off iCloud Photo Library?

Did you do it in the

• "Settings > iCloud > Photos" or in the
  • "Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage "?

If you used the second way "Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage ", your photos may now be gone, if you clicked "Disable and Delete", because this will have removed the photos from iCloud and across all devices.

Then you have 30 days to recover them from the recently Deleted album.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 10:51 PM in response to lilicaceres23 In response to lilicaceres23

What version of the OS do you have and what are you iCloud settings on your Mac?

With very limited details my best guess is that you need to enable iCloud Photo Library on the Mac with down load original photo to this mac checked and let the download finish then disable ICPL again

LN

Mar 12, 2018 10:51 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 13, 2018 5:30 AM in response to lilicaceres23 In response to lilicaceres23

I turned off iCloud on my phone and they all vanished but now on my Macbook Air,

How did you turn off iCloud Photo Library?

Did you do it in the

• "Settings > iCloud > Photos" or in the
  • "Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage "?

If you used the second way "Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage ", your photos may now be gone, if you clicked "Disable and Delete", because this will have removed the photos from iCloud and across all devices.

Then you have 30 days to recover them from the recently Deleted album.

Mar 13, 2018 5:30 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lilicaceres23

Question: Grey Exclamation Point on Photos