Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud without mail?

Will setting up iCloud on my iPhone automatically turn on the Mail client?

I would like to be able to see my email on the cloud, but don't want to "sync" with mail on my MacBook Pro.

I just don't want to use the phone for mail but would like to reference a mail sometimes when I am not near my MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 10.6.8 on one partition, 10.11.6 on

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:32 PM

You cannot access the iCloud website directly on an iPhone. The iPhone accesses iCloud services such as Mail from the relevant apps directly.

If you only want to access email occasionally on the iPhone, you can turn the E-Mail account on or off as required from the iCloud settings as explained above by Tesserax.

If you want to only access your iCloud email from the website, then it can only really be done from a computer.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 2:32 PM in response to hippie1

You cannot access the iCloud website directly on an iPhone. The iPhone accesses iCloud services such as Mail from the relevant apps directly.

If you only want to access email occasionally on the iPhone, you can turn the E-Mail account on or off as required from the iCloud settings as explained above by Tesserax.

If you want to only access your iCloud email from the website, then it can only really be done from a computer.

Mar 12, 2018 12:14 PM in response to Tesserax

I do not see iCloud under the "Settings", only as part of my Apple ID. (There is no iCloud tile/icon shown on the screen.) Selecting that takes to the next page with the fourth item down being iCloud. Selecting it takes me to storage and APPS using iCloud. With the exceptions of "mail", "wallet", "keychain", "find my phone", "iBooks", and a few others, all are "On".

However, when I try using Safari to connect to iCloud, I am taken to a splash page about setting up iCloud on this device.

Mar 12, 2018 2:22 PM in response to hippie1

Maybe I am not stating what I am hoping to accomplish clearly.

I find the iPhone enough of a distraction without having email landing there all day long.

Occasionally, when at a meeting, a subject will come up where it would be nice to have access to something in my inbox.

I have tried to reach it through web mail, only to be told that I need to set up my device for iCloud. I have many applications already toggled on for the Cloud, just not mail.

Is what I am hoping to do even possible?

iCloud without mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.