Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I switch the family users logged into a specific iphone? When my iphone 6s automatically updated, it switched my phone's account to that of another family member of the same apple ID.

How can I switch the family users logged into a specific iphone? When my iphone 6s automatically updated, it switched my phone's account to that of another family member of the same apple ID.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 12:14 PM

7 replies

Mar 13, 2018 8:24 AM in response to appleipadguy

No. Apple IDs should be used by only one person. Families should not share an Apple ID at all.

Families can use Family Sharing to share purchases and subscriptions.

If your contacts were stored on the iPhone only, and they were not restored with the backup, there's no way to get them back.

You can follow the steps here to create your own Apple ID for iTunes and iCloud:

Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support

Mar 13, 2018 8:54 AM in response to appleipadguy

I am not going to be so hostile towards you as some of us forget that others are not so technically advanced!

If you are sharing your Apple ID everything everyone does on their devices are shared throughout all of them and uses the same icloud storage.

This does not mean that you can't fix your own and enjoy your iphone.

Create one now at id.apple.com. https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create

Then, on your iPhone, go to Settings >[yourname], and sign out

Make sure to choose to 'keep on this iPhone' when prompted what you want - toggle on

Then sign in with your new Apple Id account, and then choose to 'merge' the Contacts from your iPhone to your iCloud account.

Also, sign out of the old Apple ID: Settings > Messages,

Settings > Facetime and

Settings > iTunes & App Stores.

Then, sign in with your new Apple ID.

Hope this works.

Mar 12, 2018 12:35 PM in response to appleipadguy

There's no such thing as a phone's account separate from the Apple ID.

An Apple ID is in general the account for the iPhone it is logged into. If you are sharing an Apple ID, then you share everything that goes with that ID. Contacts, Messages, calls etc...

Apple ID's should not be shared. This is what happens when you share an Apple ID.

Stop sharing Apple ID, and get your own.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.