Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra 10.13, combo update to 10.13.3 causes error message 10409

Hi,

I have a new iMac, running Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13. I've been trying to update the software, but with the combo update to version 10.13.3, I receive the error message "An error has occurred requested range not satisfiable (10409)"

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks!

iMac, iOS 10.3, update failure

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 4:49 PM

Oh dear! 😟

A long shot then!

Restart your computer in 'Safe Mode' ( Hold down the 'shift' key during start up). When done, you should see , in red, "Safe Mode" in the top right hand corner of your screen. You may have to try more than once!

Once you have achieved this, re-start normally and then try once more to install the missing update.

Again, Good Luck!

D.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 4:49 PM in response to Fpedrick

Oh dear! 😟

A long shot then!

Restart your computer in 'Safe Mode' ( Hold down the 'shift' key during start up). When done, you should see , in red, "Safe Mode" in the top right hand corner of your screen. You may have to try more than once!

Once you have achieved this, re-start normally and then try once more to install the missing update.

Again, Good Luck!

D.

Mar 22, 2018 3:47 AM in response to Fpedrick

Fpedrick wrote:

It worked! Now, all my programs on my new iMac, including the OS system, are current. Many thanks!

I was really pleased to read this! 🙂 Sadly, before I could reply, my posting privileges were withdrawn for a week. (Lesson learned!).

The main reason I wanted to respond was to correct an error I made. When you start your Mac in Safe Mode the red script in the top right hand corner says 'Safe Boot', as per this image:-

User uploaded file

I trust that all is still running smoothly on your machine!

Regards,

D.

Mar 12, 2018 3:19 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn, Thanks... when I received my computer earlier this week, I began updated the Apple programs... Pages, Numbers, etc. through the App Store. We have slow internet access, so I started with the smaller file sizes, first.

I did update the iTunes files, which was part of the “combo,” I guess. It’s the OS update that won’t complete. The progress bar gets a little beyond half way, then stops and I receive the error message “requested range not satisfiable (10409)”

I looked through the forum earlier today and didn’t find a fix. One was to check the computers’ time and date. That was correct.

Frank

High Sierra 10.13, combo update to 10.13.3 causes error message 10409

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.