Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Import Error -9937

When I import my photos from my iPhone to my MacBook Pro into the Photos application via my USB cable I get the import error -9937and the error includes a label of (null) as well as including a list of the problematic files (see attached). Some photos do transfer but there is always a list.

I have two questions:

1) How do I tell which photos these are on my iPhone? Their names are odd looking to me. Maybe they are some Internet cruft? Would I try to see them by scrolling through them via Image Capture?

2) Is this error something to worry about or not? What is it?

Just for curiosity, does anyone know why errors are not given plain language titles? It's not just to be maddeningly mysterious, right? Like, "Mangled Photo Cruft Error" is more cheerful.

FWIW, I take photos with my iPhone exclusively and use photostream and the cable to transfer them to my Photos app on my MBP. I do save photos from the web periodically or from iMessage chats for various reasons, most of these I don't care about but some - photos of my kids especially - I do.

Caryn

iPhone 6, 11.2.6, Photos app

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017

10.12.6 Sierra

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: CBColem

Question: Import Error -9937