Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are cookies stored in Mountain Lion?

I'm looking for the file Cookies.binarycookies (or whatever file Mountain Lion does store cookies in).

I was told the file is in Users/Username/Library/Cookies, but I could not find it there. (The Library directory at that path does exist on my machine, but there isn't a "Cookies" directory inside of it.)

In fact, when I searched all files for 'cookie', nothing was found.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much in advance! 🙂

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 3:10 PM

Cookies are saved in your browser and in /Home/Library/Cookies/ folder. The library folder is invisible.

Four Ways to Make the Home/Library Folder Visible

A. This method will make the folder visible permanently. Open the Terminal application in the Utilities' folder and paste the following red colored command line at the command prompt: chflags nohidden ~/Library then press RETURN.

B. Click on the Desktop, press the Option (⌥) key, select Library from the Finder's Go menu.

C. Select Go To Folder from the Finder's Go menu. Paste the following in the path field: ~/Library and click on the Go button.

D. In Sierra activate the Finder, press COMMAND-J, set Finder display to Icon view if it is in some other view mode, select your Home folder from the sidebar, check the box labeled, "Show Library Folder.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 3:10 PM in response to bikewoman76

Cookies are saved in your browser and in /Home/Library/Cookies/ folder. The library folder is invisible.

Four Ways to Make the Home/Library Folder Visible

A. This method will make the folder visible permanently. Open the Terminal application in the Utilities' folder and paste the following red colored command line at the command prompt: chflags nohidden ~/Library then press RETURN.

B. Click on the Desktop, press the Option (⌥) key, select Library from the Finder's Go menu.

C. Select Go To Folder from the Finder's Go menu. Paste the following in the path field: ~/Library and click on the Go button.

D. In Sierra activate the Finder, press COMMAND-J, set Finder display to Icon view if it is in some other view mode, select your Home folder from the sidebar, check the box labeled, "Show Library Folder.

Where are cookies stored in Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.