Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete music from my iTunes because of space and then listen from a desktop hard drive

I want to delete my iTunes music on MacBook Air after copying to my external hard drive

I will then listen to my music from the external hard drive. how do I delete the files from Itunes

Thanks for any help

M

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IMac, IPhone 6S, IPad pro, Airport

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 6:47 PM

Hello mpitts,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to move the content of your iTunes library from the hard drive on your MacBook Air to an external hard drive to free up space on your MacBook Air. To do this, you would have to move the iTunes Media folder and change this in your iTunes preferences. To do this, please follow the steps in this Apple resource and also this addition support resource on freeing up storage space on your MacBook Air.

Manage and back up your iTunes media library - Apple Support

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 6:47 PM in response to mpitts

Hello mpitts,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to move the content of your iTunes library from the hard drive on your MacBook Air to an external hard drive to free up space on your MacBook Air. To do this, you would have to move the iTunes Media folder and change this in your iTunes preferences. To do this, please follow the steps in this Apple resource and also this addition support resource on freeing up storage space on your MacBook Air.

Manage and back up your iTunes media library - Apple Support

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

I want to delete music from my iTunes because of space and then listen from a desktop hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.