Related Article

Apple security updates

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to get App Store update indication removed iMac Pro

I have an iMac Pro running MacOS 10.13.3 which shows a persistent flag asking me to install the supplemental update. Apparently the only way to install that on the iMac Pro is from a download from Apple/downloads. I had initially tried using the App Store update feature and after a few fails and restarts decided to check the downloads site and found there was a separately labeled 10.13.3 supplemental update for the iMac Pro. I applied that but continue to have the flag show up asking me to install that from the App Store. Since I know the update has been installed, and that trying to use the update from the App Store won't work I am wondering if there is a way to clear that flag or If I just wait for 10.13.4 and hope it goes away then.

iMac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 64 gb ram 1 tb hard drive ssd

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

waldhaus1 wrote:

Interesting.

the updates I see listed are Feb 19th and March 1 when I look on the Apple download site.

Yes. The dates I mentioned were when they hit the App Store.

Build 2104 is what I currently have as well.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 13, 2018 2:40 PM in response to Smokerz In response to Smokerz

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by start up security. Are you talking about log in options? It is set up to require password.

Is there another setting for start up security? Where is it? Why should that influence App Store incorrectly showing an available update?

Mar 13, 2018 2:40 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 3:45 PM in response to waldhaus1 In response to waldhaus1

waldhaus1 wrote:

17D2047

That is the last version of MacOs designated for the iMac pro. Not sure why it requires a separate version of MacOs but apparently that is the case.

Thanks

There were two supplemental updates for 10.13.3 for iMac Pros on Feb 20th and March 2nd.

Mar 13, 2018 3:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 12:10 PM in response to dialabrain In response to dialabrain

Interesting.

the updates I see listed are Feb 19th and March 1 when I look on the Apple download site.

I know apple released a supplemental update after the initial release of 10.13.3

Maybe it doesn't need to be specific for the iMac Pro in the case of the supplemental.

I guess I can try installing the one in the App store once again.

Mar 14, 2018 12:10 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 12:23 PM in response to waldhaus1 In response to waldhaus1

I did retry the supplemental update from the App Store and that did install on top of the iMacPro specific update and the badge went away.

the build now reads 2104.

Mar 14, 2018 12:23 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 14, 2018 2:53 PM in response to waldhaus1 In response to waldhaus1

waldhaus1 wrote:

Interesting.

Yes. The dates I mentioned were when they hit the App Store.

Build 2104 is what I currently have as well.

Mar 14, 2018 2:53 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: waldhaus1

Question: How to get App Store update indication removed iMac Pro